POLICIES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
Real Plumbers ® is a registered trademark wholly owned by Warner Super Services, Inc. a Maryland Corporation. Any use of Real Plumbers® in this agreement refers to Warner Super Services, Inc.
STANDARD RESIDENTIAL WARRANTIES:(unless otherwise specified)
- Underground – Three (3) years
- Above Ground – One (1) year
- Faucets & Fixtures – One (1) year
- Appliances – One (1) year *
- Motors & Electrical Parts – Ninety (90) days Faucet Repairs - None **
- Flush Tank Parts – Ninety (90) days Draining Cleaning – None **
* - Manufacturers warranties may be longer on certain appliances, disposals, water heaters, boilers, furnaces, air conditioners, etc.
** - Drain cleaning and faucet repairs are strictly performed on a time and material basis. If a stoppage reoccurs on the same line within thirty (30) days of service, the line will be re- snaked at “continuation” rates (no travel or snake charges). REAL PLUMBERS cannot be responsible for any broken lines on existing piping, or cables that may become lodged in piping.
*** Commercial Jobs / Certain Jobs / Conditions may alter warranties.
Warranties apply only to materials furnished and installed by REAL PLUMBERS.
Warranty or Service Agreement work shall be performed during our normal working hours. If any such work is performed beyond normal business hours, customer is to pay the difference between regular and overtime rates.
REAL PLUMBERS® cannot guarantee any existing work, also; certain existing conditions ( ie: faulty existing piping or wiring) will void above stated warranties. For additional information (i.e.: Manufacturers Warranty, Use/Care, and maintenance instructions), or to contact us, visit our website at www.realplumbers.net
Unless specified on the reverse side of this agreement the following are excluded:
EXCAVATION / LANDSCAPING:
- Excavation in solid rock or concrete
- Excavation in soils with high ground water conditions or poor soils requiring mud pumps or additional shoring.
- Excavation of water services with a depth greater than five (5) feet.
- Excavation that uncovers fossils, archeological remains, police evidence, hazardous materials, chemicals, or nuclear wastes.
- REAL PLUMBERS will not be responsible for any fines, costs to clean up and/or monitor any of the above conditions.
- Permanent repairs to foundations, floors, sidewalks, curbs, or driveways. REAL PLUMBERS shall not be responsible for any existing or resulting cracks or damage. Any costs for repairs made by any local government (or any entity) to streets, sidewalks, gutters, curbs etc. will be the customer’s responsibility.
- Any repairs or replacement of any underground piping or wiring not marked by Miss Utility or any other entity.
- Replacement of grass, sod, mulch, bushes, trees, flowers or plants. Repairs or replacement of decorative borders or retaining walls. 100% compaction, finish grading, additional dirt.
When excavation may encroach on adjoining properties; Customer to secure necessary permission from owner of said property, to allow for access and spillage of dirt. The terms of this agreement shall apply to adjoining properties as well. In the case of double water meters/sewer taps, REAL PLUMBERS will not be responsible for adjacent piping.
- Any repair or replacement of walls, floors, floor coverings, ceilings, carpentry work, drywall, spackling or painting.
- Any subsequent damage caused by the failure of a manufactured item or the installation thereof.
- Any repair or replacement or testing of any item termed “existing," beyond the point of connection. This would include, but not be limited to: piping, wiring, duct work, HVAC equipment, radiators, etc.
- Any work to bring piping, wiring, or structural items up to any local codes.
- Any permits other than specified (i.e., building permits, town/community permits, etc.)
- Upgrades of faucets, fixtures, or appliances, with a cost greater than those specified.
- Finishes on traps, valves and supplies to be chrome unless otherwise specified.
- No removal of asbestos, lead or mold. No monitoring of air quality. Customer assumes any and all liability for asbestos, lead or mold issues.
- No liability for damage to piping, wiring or structural members embedded in concrete.
- No cost for x-ray included in this contract.
- All work to be performed on “Regular Time” unless otherwise specified.
REAL PLUMBERS® may perform any above referenced exclusions; however Customer will be responsible for the additional costs.
In the event any of the above exclusions are encountered, the Customer may have REAL PLUMBERS proceed, and the Customer will be responsible for the additional cost - OR - REAL PLUMBERS can stop work and the Customer will be responsible for the costs to date.
Customer must provide proper access to all work areas and must move any furnishings, stored items, vehicles, etc. REAL PLUMBERSwill not be responsible for such items.
Customer “holds harmless” REAL PLUMBERS for any damage to furnishings, stored items, vehicles, cabinetry, counters, walls, floors, ceilings, floor coverings, piping, wiring, or structural members which may become damaged in the course of performing work, or due to the failure of any manufactured item.
In the event any snake cables become lodged in piping due to roots, breaks in piping, configuration of piping, or for any other reason. Customer shall be responsible for any related costs to remove the snake cable from the line.
In an emergency situation, and when permitted by local jurisdiction, work may be “Self Certified” by Warner “Super Services” Inc. t/a REAL PLUMBERS in lieu of normal inspection (pursuant to Section 208.9 of the WSSC Code).
In the event Customer prevents REAL PLUMBERS from beginning work, or from completing the work, for any reason, the Customer shall pay REAL PLUMBERS the value of all labor, materials, and overhead costs incurred.
All accounts not paid in full within thirty (30) days of the date due will incur a late penalty of 1.5 % per month of the overdue amount. Additionally, a service charge of $ 35.00 will be assessed for each returned check.
Cancellation of a separate finance agreement does not relieve the Customer of responsibility. In such a case, the total amount will be due immediately.
REAL PLUMBERS reserves the right to remove any materials or equipment not paid for in accordance with this contract.
In the event Customer account is placed in the hands of an attorney or collection agency, Customer agrees, in tandem with all other costs of collection, to pay an additional forty percent (40%) of the amount due as attorney fees whether suit is filed or not. Customer further agrees to “hold harmless” Warner “Super Services” Inc. T/A REAL PLUMBERS® from legal recourse after a period of one (1) year subsequent to completion of work under this contract. In the event of legal action brought against Warner “Super Services” Inc. t/a REAL PLUMBERS, the Customer agrees to limit damages to the actual amount received by Warner “Super Services” Inc. t/a REAL PLUMBERS from the Customer. Should any disputes arise, Customer agrees to pay any and all court costs, including labor, expert witness, and other related costs. In the event any utilities, including water, gas or electricity are shut off to a building for any reason, customer will be responsible for any and all damages caused by others for any reason, or due to any faucet, fixture, or appliance being left on by others.
If this Agreement is signed by an Agent or Representative on behalf of a Corporation, Proprietorship, Partnership, Government Agency, Organization, or other Entity. The signer warrants they have authority to enter into this agreement. Failure to pay REAL PLUMBERS as specified in this agreement, places the Organization, and the Signer both personally, and severally responsible for all monies due under this agreement.
This agreement sets forth the entire agreement between the parties. Any and all prior agreements, warranties, oral discussions, or representation made by either party are superseded by this agreement.
Should any provision or portion of this agreement is declared invalid by a Court or Statute, such invalidity shall not affect any other provision of this agreement, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
REAL PLUMBERS shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to perform work. If such delay or failure results, whether directly or indirectly, from customer’s action or inaction, fire, explosion, strike, freight embargo, acts of God, or of the public enemy, war, civil disturbance, act of terrorism, act of any government, dejure or defacto, or any agency or official thereof, transportation contingencies, unusually severe weather, default of manufacturer or supplier, quarantine or restriction, epidemic or catastrophe, or any other similar event beyond the control of REAL PLUMBERS.
All work to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practices. Customer to provide: fire, tornado and all necessary insurance coverage.
All employees of REAL PLUMBERS are fully covered by Workmen’s Compensation Insurance.
The aforementioned Policies, Terms and Conditions apply to all “Estimates, Pricing, Contracts and Invoices”
WHITE CHALKY RESIDUE ON YOUR DISHES? HERE’S WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PLUMBING & DISHWASHER
There’s nothing more frustrating than seeing white chalky residue all over the dishes after you just ran them through the dishwasher. Getting that chalky coating off the dishes isn’t easy either. You […]
WHEN SHOULD YOU REPLACE YOUR WATER HEATER?
Having a plumber that you can trust is important for when your Washington, D.C. home’s plumbing system experiences complications, such as a malfunctioning water heater. Water heaters are long-lasting […]
3 COMMON SIGNS YOUR AC IS IN NEED OF REPAIR
Although summer is nearing its halfway point, things are still heating up, and that means more work for your home’s AC. Your home’s air conditioning system still has several months of hard work ahead […]